Resident dies on lunch hours after receiving his COVID vaccination
A Colchester Care Home resident died after choking on his lunch just a few hours after being given his first Covid-19 vaccination and beating the virus.
In a further tragic twist his wife had died in a car accident just a few days before after she was on her way home from her own vaccination. Neither of the two incidents are being linked to the vaccination.
An inquest has heard how Peter Smith, 82, who was a resident at an unnamed Colchester Care Home died after choking whilst eating.
Assistant Coroner Tina Harrington heard Mr Smith was eating his lunch around 1.25pm when the incident happened.
Carers delivered back blows before he went limp and was placed on the floor where CPR was given.
“Paramedics used forceps to take away the meals that was lodged in his throat, nevertheless, the gentleman, Mr Smith, sadly handed away. Police didn’t attend however stated there have been no suspicious circumstances.”
Assistant Coroner Tina Harrington:
“There was no mention of the vaccination being linked to the choking incident during the inquest”.
Tragically, just over a week before Mr Smith’s passing his wife died in a road traffic incident whilst herself returning from her own vaccination. Again the vaccination and the incident are not being linked.
UK’s largest care home provider HC-One, saves first life following group roll out of LifeVac – the worlds leading/safest ACD