Gentleman with GERD Saved With LifeVac in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac are pleased announce news of another life saved

It was reported to us that a ​68-year-old gentleman with Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) choked on a piece of a biscuit. LifeVac was self-administered as the gentleman lives alone. He used the LifeVac and on the second “place, push, pull motion was able to dislodge the food.

“Partial blockage was remedied on the second attempt when food/phlegm mass was spat up approximately 10 seconds after the second attempt to dislodge with LifeVac.”

We are extremely thankful this gentleman had a LifeVac on hand, especially since he has experienced several other choking emergencies.


Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) occurs when stomach acid frequently flows back into the tube connecting your mouth and stomach (esophagus). This backwash (acid reflux) can irritate the lining of your esophagus.

More News

LifeVac saves another life in the care sector

LifeVac saves first life within Porthaven Care Homes …

Read More

Aunt Saves 6-Year-Old Nephew with LifeVac

LifeVac Europe are very thrilled to share news that LifeVac has saved another life in a choking emergency …

Read More

4-Year-Old Autistic Boy Saved with LifeVac

4-Year-Old Autistic Boy Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany