LifeVac Saves Woman in Wheelchair in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac are delighted to share news of another life saved

A 32-year-old female with Cerebral Palsy began choking on a piece of bread and a mixture of other food. The food caused almost a full blockage of her airway. Her mother who is CPR trained did a finger sweep but was unsuccessful in removing the obstruction. The abdominal thrusts could not be performed as the young woman is a wheelchair user and has an intrathecal pain pump.

The LifeVac was retrieved quickly and on the 3rd Push and Pull motion, the food was successfully dislodged clearing her airway and saving her life.

This is a lifesaver. We’ve used the LifeVac in several other choking emergencies. Everyone should have one.”

Did you know, if someone in a wheelchair is faced with a choking emergency, it may be very difficult, if not impossible to administer the abdominal thrusts? Leaving the only other option of back blows which are less effective. This reduces the survival rate of a choking emergency from 70-76% to below 40%.

More News

2-Year-Old Girl Saved By LifeVac in a Choking Emergency

2-Year-Old Girl Saved By LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

5-Year-Old Chokes and is Saved with LifeVac

5-Year-Old Boy Saved by LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

LifeVac Saves 4-year-old Boy from Choking on Lego

LifeVac are proud to announce another life saved …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa