11-Month-Old Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac are delighted to share news of another life saved

An 11-month-old baby girl choked on a hard piece of plastic. causing an intermittent total blockage. Both parents are first aid trained as they are healthcare workers. LifeVac was used twice by the parent after BLS Choking First Aid Protocols failed.

Here is the mother’s frightening story of the choking incident:

“My husband and I were busy making dinner in the kitchen while our 11-month-old daughter Riley was playing on the floor. One of us unknowingly knocked off the counter a small plastic garden tubing connector. My husband picked her up and saw the piece of plastic in her mouth. When we tried to get it out she began choking on it. My husband and I are both healthcare workers and have been first aid certified for over 10 years. We knew exactly what to do. She had stopped coughing so we knew the piece of plastic had obstructed her airway. My husband flipped her over and began administering back blows while I called EMS and ran to get the LifeVac. As soon as I had the LifeVac, we flipped her into her back and used the LifeVac once. The item partially came out and she began coughing again. We flipped her over and continued to administer back blows. It became lodged again. Our sweet girl had stopped coughing and her face had turned purple. We were terrified. We used the LifeVac a second time and immediately the piece of plastic along with some food flew out of her mouth. We are so incredibly thankful that we have a LifeVac in our home. We are confident that is what saved our daughter’s life.” – TG

More News

LifeVac Saves Life Within HC-One

LifeVac Saves Life Within HC-One in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

57 year old man from Barnsley choked to death – ‘unlawfully killed’

‘Loving and happy’ Barnsley man, 57, who choked to death on a burger was ‘unlawfully killed’, jury rules …

Read More

3-Year-Old Chokes on Play-Doh and is Saved with LifeVac

3-Year-Old Chokes and is Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany