Man Chokes on Piece of Sausage and is Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac are delighted to share news of another life saved in an Oklahoma Mental Health Facility

It was reported to us that a 59-year-old male began choking on a piece of sausage during dinner time. The piece of meat caused a complete airway obstruction while the patient was supine. Members of staff attempted back blows but were unsuccessful in dislodging the meat. LifeVac was deployed and removed the airway obstruction. We are so thankful this facility decided to add LifeVac as part of their first aid equipment after discussions in their first aid renewal class.

We ordered LifeVac last year and put one on each of our units, in the patient dining room, and on each emergency cart. We have a total of 12 in our building

— Facility Manager

More News

Cornwall hospital failings as patient choked on his own vomit

Failures could have “caused or contributed” to the death of a student who choked on his own vomit at Bodmin Hospital. …

Read More

1-Year-Old with Seizure Saved by LifeVac

1-Year-Old with Seizure Saved by LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

LifeVac saves another life and welcomes a new care provider to the LifeVac family

It’s with great pleasure the team at LifeVac Europe share news that LifeVac has again helped save another life in the Adult Care Sector. LifeVac was used again to help save a life in a choking emergency, this time in Ireland. We have been asked not to name the care provider this time as not …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa