We are proud to share news of another life saved

It has been reported to us that LifeVac® has saved yet another life in a UK care home. This time an 82-Year-Old male, who resides in a care home situated in London.

The male resident, who suffers from Parkinson’s Disease and Dementia, came into difficulty while enjoying his lunch. Food had become lodged in his airway creating an airway obstruction.

The male resident, relies on a special molded wheelchair for daily tasks. Due to this he could not receive the abdominal thrusts. Staff acted quickly and accordingly delivering back blows. These BLS choking protocol first aid attempts failed to dislodge the food from his airway. Staff quickly grabbed their LifeVac® device and on the first PLACE – PUSH – PULL®, LifeVac® dislodged the obstruction saving his life.

The male resident was checked over by the onsite GP and made a full recovery.

The device was easy to use and very effective - The life vac is an important piece of equipment to have during a choking incident."

— Care Home Manager

Eric Banagan, Co Founder and Managing Director – LifeVac Europe, commented: “This is brilliant news to receive! This is our first life saved within this care group since completing face to face training in May. LifeVac has now helped save 500 lives in a choking emergency! Helping reduce one of the leading causes of accidental death in adults over the age of 65 and people with learning disabilities…choking. We are proud of all the lives we have helped save when standard BLS choking protocol has failed or could not be performed. All of our lives saved show the need for change.”

More News

LifeVac saves hospital patients life

The team at LifeVac are proud to announce another life saved in a choking emergency! …

Read More

6-Year-Old Chokes on Marble Saved by Mother with LifeVac

6-Year-Old Chokes on Marble Saved by Mother with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

LifeVac saves it’s 25th life!

LifeVac Europe have been informed, on the 6th of January 2019  an 86 year old gentleman with Dementia started choking on meat whilst eating his meal in Thessaloniki, Greece. BLS was performed on the male to dislodge the full airway obstruction which failed. EKAB Emergency Services were then called to the scene as the gentleman …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa