We Are Proud to Share News LifeVac® Has Saved Another Life in a UK Care Home

It was reported to us that LifeVac® was used to save another life. This time, in a UK care home situated in the South West of England.

A 32-Year-Old man with Cerebral Palsy was enjoying his meal, when a piece of chicken became lodged in his airway. The chicken caused a full airway obstruction.

The nurses encouraged the gentleman to cough and then performed back blows, which failed to dislodge the chicken. Abdominal thrusts were not able to be performed due to the gentleman relying on a wheelchair for daily tasks.

The Gentleman then became unconscious, a member of staff quickly grabbed their LifeVac device. LifeVac® was applied in a sitting position, on the 3rd application LifeVac® dislodged the chicken, saving the gentleman’s life.

 

Valuable for people with a learning disability, this is why we purchased in 2018. Always a huge concern and to have a back up is paramount."

— Care Home Manager

So important to have when the service user stops breathing, life saving valuable equipment."

— Nurse

Daniel Boland – LifeVac Europe Engineer, commented: “This is brilliant news to receive! We have helped save over 509 lives now in a choking emergency. Knowing we are making such a huge impact on people’s lives and changing history is such a special feeling.” 

More News

4-Year-Old Autistic Boy Saved with LifeVac

4-Year-Old Autistic Boy Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

URGENT PRODUCT RECALL – AMAZON UK

Dangerous Counterfeit Recall for all UK Customers …

Read More

Good Samaritan Saves Boy with LifeVac

Good Samaritan Saves Boy with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany