We Are Proud to Share News LifeVac® Has Saved Another Life in a UK Care Home
It was reported to us that LifeVac® was used to save another life. This time, in a UK care home situated in the South West of England.
A 32-Year-Old man with Cerebral Palsy was enjoying his meal, when a piece of chicken became lodged in his airway. The chicken caused a full airway obstruction.
The nurses encouraged the gentleman to cough and then performed back blows, which failed to dislodge the chicken. Abdominal thrusts were not able to be performed due to the gentleman relying on a wheelchair for daily tasks.
The Gentleman then became unconscious, a member of staff quickly grabbed their LifeVac device. LifeVac® was applied in a sitting position, on the 3rd application LifeVac® dislodged the chicken, saving the gentleman’s life.
Daniel Boland – LifeVac Europe Engineer, commented: “This is brilliant news to receive! We have helped save over 509 lives now in a choking emergency. Knowing we are making such a huge impact on people’s lives and changing history is such a special feeling.”