11 month old Amarannia saved from choking to death.

11 month old Amarannia was playing in her living room when she picked up a piece of plastic and put it in her mouth.

Amarannia’s mother suddenly heard a strange gurgling noise from the living room, and her worst fear had come true, Amarannia was choking. She ran over to her and could see something sharp in her throat. Amarannia’s mother tried to grab it as she could see the piece of plastic, but when Amarannia gasped the piece of plastic went further down and had now completely blocked her airway. Her mother tried back blows, but it was stuck, her older daughter called EMS right away.  Amarannia’s mother kept trying back blows, but Amarannia’s lips were turning blue, nothing was working.  She then remembered that the device she dug out from her closet for the family trip was still in her suitcase. She ran to grab it, and used it on Amarannia. It took two tries, then “out popped a plastic piece [from a thick plastic bag clasp].”  Amarannia’s lips turned pink, she started to cry, and soon after, was puzzled why her mother looked so distressed. The paramedics arrived, checked the baby, and deemed she was well, her breathing was normal, her lungs were clear and she was running around as if her mother’s worst nightmare hadn’t just happened.

"Another life saved from LifeVac is great to hear, especially it being another little child. This is again proving noninvasive suction is crucial to have when BLS fails and hopefully will be included into first aid choking protocol guidelines in the future, to increase the current 70% effectiveness of BLS choking protocol to as close to a 100% effective as possible "

— Matthew Banagan: LifeVac Europe Limited

More News

Man Chokes on Piece of Sausage and is Saved with LifeVac

Man Chokes on Piece of Sausage and is Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

LifeVac saves first life within HC-One – The UK’s largest care home provider

We are very pleased to share amazing news that LifeVac has saved another persons life in a choking emergency, in the UK care sector.   Like hundreds of care providers across the UK, it wasn’t that long ago when HC-One decided to go the extra step in the the quality of care they provide by …

Read More

Older Man Saved by Good Samaritan with LifeVac

Older Man Saved by Good Samaritan with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany