11 month old Amarannia saved from choking to death.

11 month old Amarannia was playing in her living room when she picked up a piece of plastic and put it in her mouth.

Amarannia’s mother suddenly heard a strange gurgling noise from the living room, and her worst fear had come true, Amarannia was choking. She ran over to her and could see something sharp in her throat. Amarannia’s mother tried to grab it as she could see the piece of plastic, but when Amarannia gasped the piece of plastic went further down and had now completely blocked her airway. Her mother tried back blows, but it was stuck, her older daughter called EMS right away.  Amarannia’s mother kept trying back blows, but Amarannia’s lips were turning blue, nothing was working.  She then remembered that the device she dug out from her closet for the family trip was still in her suitcase. She ran to grab it, and used it on Amarannia. It took two tries, then “out popped a plastic piece [from a thick plastic bag clasp].”  Amarannia’s lips turned pink, she started to cry, and soon after, was puzzled why her mother looked so distressed. The paramedics arrived, checked the baby, and deemed she was well, her breathing was normal, her lungs were clear and she was running around as if her mother’s worst nightmare hadn’t just happened.

"Another life saved from LifeVac is great to hear, especially it being another little child. This is again proving noninvasive suction is crucial to have when BLS fails and hopefully will be included into first aid choking protocol guidelines in the future, to increase the current 70% effectiveness of BLS choking protocol to as close to a 100% effective as possible "

— Matthew Banagan: LifeVac Europe Limited

More News

Man Saves Himself Using LifeVac

  We are thrilled to share news of LifeVac saving another life when being self applied. LifeVac Europe are delighted to announce a 28-year-old male started choking on a piece of steak causing an airway obstruction. The victim used the LifeVac device on himself in a standing position. On the 3rd application, the obstruction was …

Read More

LifeVac Registers Another Life Saved

LifeVac Saves 3-Year-Old In Choking Emergency …

Read More

18-Month-Old Baby Girl Chokes and is Saved with LifeVac Choking Rescue Device

18-Month-Old Baby Girl Saved with LifeVac Choking Rescue Device …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa