LifeVac saves 33rd LifeVac from choking to death, another life saved in the care sector.

LifeVac saves 33rd life!

A 92 yr old female dementia resident in an assisted living facility in California started to choke on mashed  potato and chicken during their dinner. The resident was pocketing a large quantity of food in her cheeks.
The food became a full airway obstruction and carers carried out abdominal thrusts and back blows which failed. The female resident started to turn blue as no air was getting into her body. LifeVac was used after BLS failed and successfully removed the food, before paramedics arrived and transported her to be checked over.
LifeVac has saved lives in the UK, USA, Canada, Spain, Greece, Albania, Australia and South Korea. We are extremely happy LifeVac was used again in the care sector to save another life. People over the age of 65 are 7 times more likely to choke than children. This is due to many reasons such as Dysphagia, lack of saliva due to medications and Neurological diseases such as MS and Parkinson’s Disease.
LifeVac is in over 2600 care and nursing homes across the UK and many more around the world.

More News

10-month-Old Choking on Plastic Saved with LifeVac

10-month-Old Choking on Plastic Saved with LifeVac …

Read More

8-Month-Old Chokes on Orange Pieces and is Saved with LifeVac

LifeVac Announces Another Child Saved …

Read More

LifeVac Saves Another Life in a UK Care Home

LifeVac Saves Another Life in a UK Care Home in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany