LifeVac saves 32nd life, 5 year old boy Quade choked on a lemon head.

On the 31st of July 2019 we were informed of another life saved by a courageous mother Jen Glenn who saved her sons life from choking to death on a Lemon Head using LifeVac.

5 year old Quade was given a Lemon Head (hard sweet) by his sister Quincey, Jen could hear Quincey asking her brother if he was okay. Jen came rushing into the bedroom and saw her son Quade with tears down his cheeks and snot coming from his nose. She quickly realised Quade couldn’t breath and he was choking on the hard sweet.

Jen carried out the abdominal thrusts and back blows on Quade which failed. Jen quickly remembered where she put a LifeVac she purchased last year. Running to her fridge she remembered that she had kept it on top, she grabbed the LifeVac and ran back to Quade.

After the second application LifeVac dislodged the hard sweet saving his life, Quade then vomited due to the terrifying ordeal.

Living in a remote area it would of taken 15-20 minutes for EMS to arrive, when someone is choking time is of the essence as you only have 2-3 minutes before they become unconscious and unfortunately around the 10 minute mark the casualty will have brain damage or die.

"We thank Quade's mother Jen for sharing this traumatic experience with us, once again LifeVac has saved another life when BLS has failed. This is LifeVac's 4th child saved and LifeVac's 32nd life saved, knowing family members are still able to hold, visit and speak to their son's, daughter's, mother's, father's and grandparents due to LifeVac is an amazing feeling. This is why LifeVac was invented and we are working very hard to get noninvasive suction into BLS protocol which will stop thousands of people dying every year from choking to death"

— Matthew Banagan: Sales and Marketing Director LifeVac Europe

More News

LifeVac saves 1st life within the Caring Homes Group

The team at LifeVac Europe are very proud to share wonderful news of LifeVac saving another life in the adult care sector, thanks to quick thinking nurses. …

Read More

LifeVac saves another care home residents life in a choking emergency.

LifeVac used again to save a resident of an Ontario based Long Term Care Facility! We are delighted to have received amazing news that LifeVac was used on April 28th to assist a 76 year old male resident during a choking emergency. Standard choking protocols were first administered but unfortunately failed. Thankfully the amazing staff …

Read More

Little Boy Saved with LifeVac

Little Boy Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa