LifeVac used again in the care sector to dislodge an obstruction in a choking emergency.

We are very happy to announce that LifeVac has been used again in the care sector a year apart.

We have been informed LifeVac was used on two separate occasions at Little Oyster Residential Home in Kent to dislodge an obstruction when residents began to choke during meal time.

Little Oyster turned to LifeVac when unfortunately they lost someone they cared for to choking in 2018 and BLS was performed but unfortunately failed to work.

We are very happy that when BLS failed again last year and again in January of this year, LifeVac was used as intended “when BLS has failed” to dislodge the obstruction, clearing the airway.

When someone is choking with a completely blocked airway, no oxygen can enter the lungs. The brain is extremely sensitive to this lack of oxygen and begins to die within four to six minutes. It is during this time that first aid must take place. Irreversible brain death occurs in as little as 10 minutes.

Due to the nature of care/nursing homes and the wonderful people they care for, unfortunately it isn’t a case of if someone chokes, but when they choke and BLS fails. A common misconception within the care sector is that SALT care/ diet plans will stop someone you are caring for from choking altogether. This isn’t the case, as many care/nursing homes have experienced. Care/diet plans put in place by SALT are a must, but they are to reduce the risk of someone choking and so that the person can enjoy the amazing food made by your chefs to the best of their abilities.

"The Ambulance crew present was very impressed by the device and commented they think they should have these".

— Care Home Manager

More News

4-Year-Old boy Saved With LifeVac After Seizure

4-Year-Old boy Saved With LifeVac After Seizure in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Good Samaritan Saves 4-year-old Girl with LifeVac

LifeVac are proud to share details on another life saved in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

6-Year-Old Chokes on Burger and is Saved by LifeVac

6-Year-Old Chokes on Burger – Saved by LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa