LifeVac Helps Save Another LifeVac in a UK Nursing Home in a Choking Emergency
We are thrilled to share news of another life saved
It has been reported to us that LifeVac has helped save yet another life in the UK care sector. This time within a Nursing Home located in Yorkshire.
An 83-Year-Old female with Dementia, came into difficulty while enjoying her dinner. Food had become lodged in her esophagus, creating a partial airway obstruction.
Carers and nurses acted quickly and accordingly, administering first aid BLS choking protocol. Sadly these encouragements and methods failed to dislodge the obstruction. Staff quickly retrieved their LifeVac from the wall mounted box, and applied the rescue device to the resident who was in a sitting position.
On the second Place-Push-Pull motion, LifeVac dislodged the partial airway obstruction, helping save her life.
Matthew Banagan, Marketing & Sales Director LifeVac Europe, commented: “This is absolutely brilliant news to receive. We deliver weekly training to care and nursing home providers, as we work with 1,000’s across the UK. Helping to reduce one of the leading causes of accidental death in adults over the age of 65…choking. Having now helped save over 467 lives, when all other methods have failed or cannot be performed.”