LifeVac saves another life in a choking emergency within the UK care sector!

LifeVac Europe have been asked by the care provider not to name the care group while sharing this fantastic news, which we fully respect.

 

A Bournemouth based care home, had to put their LifeVac training into action last week when an elderly female resident began to choke on her food during meal time.

The food became a full airway obstruction, staff at the care home carried out standard BLS protocol which unfortunately failed to dislodge the foreign body airway obstruction (FBAO). After receiving the abdominal thrusts and back blows the resident became unconscious, staff swiftly grabbed LifeVac which is equipped throughout all of their care homes. LifeVac dislodged the food within seconds saving the residents life.

Due to receiving BLS protocol and becoming unconscious, the resident was examined by the local hospital where they were given the “all clear”.

"This is amazing news to hear! Again LifeVac has been used to save a life in a choking emergency when all else fails. All care home providers fully understand the importance of choking and how common this is within the care sector, we don't need to pay for a study to be carried out to highlight how common this issue is, what the common foods are for choking within care/nursing homes and who are at high risk of choking. All of these issues are highlighted within residents care plans and food plans delivered by SALT. We are just glad to be able to help and save lives when limited options are available for people and all else fails"

— Matt Banagan: Sales and Marketing Director LifeVac Europe Limited

More News

LifeVac Featured on The Doctors TV show

On the 7th of December LifeVac was featured on the Doctors Show with an interview from Angela Powell, who talks about her experience of saving her elderly mother in-laws life by using LifeVac. The Doctors Show are specialists from across health and wellness fields that join ER physician Dr. Travis Stork, Dr. Andrew Ordon, OB/GYN …

Read More

44-Year-Old Saved from Choking with LifeVac

44-Year-Old Saved from Choking with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

LifeVac Saves Another Life in a Choking Emergency

Good Samaritan Saves 3-Year-Old Boy from Choking To Death …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa