LifeVac self applied to save life

LifeVac saves another life in a choking emergency

LifeVac Europe are excited to share details on another life saved. A 37-year-old male choked on a piece of steak while eating lunch in his truck. He used the LifeVac on himself after not being able to clear the obstruction by coughing or drinking liquid. Here is his testimonial:

“I have had difficulty swallowing for several years now and I am usually very careful when eating and deciding what to eat. I ended up not paying attention while chewing and swallowing today during a late lunch break and ultimately had to use the LifeVac I keep in my truck for myself. Today while eating in my truck, I tried to force a drink down but it wasn’t working and only made the blockage worse. I had to get out of my truck, lean over and let the liquid drain out to the ground, then pull the LifeVac from under my rear seat (Thank God I have had it in here and remembered I had it) assembled it quickly, and started using it. The first few tries I was only able to suck fluid out, but by the 4th pull, a large chunk of chewed food was pulled up and into the mouthpiece.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I work as a roofing contractor and face enough risk of injury and death on a daily basis, but that doesn’t mean I am ready to go. I don’t think I would have made it today if not for being able to remain calm (prior military and police training) and having a LifeVac nearby”.

Lea from LifeVac Europe commented: “LifeVac has been self applied quite a few times and it still amazes me when we receive these testimonials. It’s an incredible feeling knowing we helped save another life! The outcome could have been very different if this gentleman didn’t have a LifeVac near by when he choked while alone”.

More News

LifeVac saves another life in the UK Adult Care Sector

It’s with great pleasure the team at LifeVac Europe share more amazing news, LifeVac has helped save another life within Sunrise Senior Living Sunrise Senior Living deployed LifeVac across all of their care homes in late 2019, like hundreds of care providers large and small across the UK this proved to be a great decision. …

Read More

LifeVac saves first life within Dovehaven Care Home

It has been reported to us that LifeVac has been used again in the UK care sector, this time within Dovehaven Care Homes. …

Read More

LifeVac Saves 9-Month-Old Baby Boy from Choking

We are thrilled to share the news that LifeVac has helped save the life of another child. A 9-month-old baby boy began choking on a carrot causing partial airway obstruction. The child’s mother who is trained and CPR certified performed infant choking rescue procedures several times but sadly these were unsuccessful in dislodging the obstruction. …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East