We are very proud to share more wonderful news that LifeVac has been used to save another life.

The choking experts at LifeVac Europe are extremely proud to share more amazing news this week. LifeVac has been used again to save a life within Dovehaven care homes, thanks to the quick thinking actions of nurses and colleagues.

A resident who suffers from Epilepsy was sitting in her chair enjoying the beautifully prepared breakfast as usual, but this time while eating she had an  epileptic seizure.

Bacon became lodged in her airway creating a full airway obstruction.

Nurses and colleagues acted very quickly delivery BLS choking protocol to clear the food, but sadly this wasn’t effective in clearing the obstruction.

Nurses deployed their LifeVac device from their wall mounted kit and within seconds dislodged the bacon from the residents airway saving her life.

The female resident made a full recovery, avoiding a trip to A&E.

"We are extremely proud to have partnered with Dovehaven who provide outstanding care for the wonderful people who live within their homes. LifeVac has saved over 10 lives this week and we are overjoyed to have been able to help the team within Dovehaven again when all else had failed in the choking emergency."

— Matthew Banagan - LifeVac Europe Director

More News

LifeVac saves 32nd life, 5 year old boy Quade choked on a lemon head.

On the 31st of July 2019 we were informed of another life saved by a courageous mother Jen Glenn who saved her sons life from choking to death on a Lemon Head using LifeVac. …

Read More

LifeVac Europe Partner with CareShield

Together we can save hundreds of lives every year in the UK care sector from choking to death …

Read More

LifeVac caught on CCTV saving a life

Hero Mum saves her two year old son in a choking emergency …

Read More

Location selector

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Ireland Ireland Spain Spain Greece Greece