JD Choked On A Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
We are very happy to share more news of LifeVac being used by a mother to save her son’s life in a choking emergency.
“Today I fixed JD a turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch, as he wished. I was in the kitchen with my daughter supervising her while she used the stove and he was in the living room eating. My son came from the living room to the kitchen holding his neck and trying to breath but could not make a sound. I immediately tried to do the back thrusts but when 5 of those didn’t work, I looked at my daughter and told her to call 911 and I grabbed this contraption, the LifeVac. At this point, JD was turning blue and starting to fade.
Because I have prior training, I knew how to do a proper seal – and it only took one suction to completely remove the sandwich from his airway. By the time my daughter got to her phone, unlocked it, and started to dial 911 – she heard her brother take a deep breath and start crying and saying “I’m good don’t take me to the hospital!”
All thanks to LifeVac and my Dad for randomly buying me one. All of my house belongings are in a shipping container – but while the movers were here I decided to keep this out and in the kitchen. I’m extremely thankful I did. JD is 4, can chew extremely well – but he told me the bread of the sandwich “became a ball in his throat.”