LifeVac Saves Female Residents Life In A Choking Emergency

The team at LifeVac Europe are very pleased to share the wonderful news that LifeVac has saved another life in the adult care sector.

It has been reported to us that LifeVac was used within a Hallmark care home to help save a life in a choking emergency.

An elderly female resident with Down Syndrome was sitting down enjoying her meal when she came into difficulty. Food had become lodged in her airway creating a full airway obstruction.

Hallmark care home employees acted quickly delivering BLS choking protocol. Unfortunately, back blows and abdominal thrusts were not able dislodge the full airway obstruction.

A nurse quickly retrieved their LifeVac device from their wall mounted kit and within seconds, on the 1 st application LifeVac dislodged the food and the resident made a full recovery, avoiding a trip to A&E.

A free replacement LifeVac was dispatched the same day.

“Good device and easy to use.” – nurse

Daniel, from LifeVac Europe commented: “We are very happy that LifeVac Europe has saved another life and we are proud to support Hallmark care homes with the outstanding quality of care they provide. We have saved over 186 lives now in a choking emergency when all else has failed or BLS choking protocol cannot be performed, making a huge impact with one of the leading causes of accidental death in adults over the age of 65.”

LifeVac Europe have worked with and equipped thousands of care and nursing homes across the UK from small independent providers to to the largest care home provider HC-One. We support a lot of people to prevent the risk of choking death and from different sectors.

Is LifeVac Approved? Can I use LifeVac?

LifeVac is a class one medical device that is FDA, MHRA, UKCA registered and CE accredited.

Read more

More News

LifeVac saves second life within Runwood Homes Senior Living.

We are very proud to share wonderful news that LifeVac has been used again to save a life in a choking emergency within the UK care sector The amazing team at The Mill House nursing home had to put their LifeVac training into action this week when a resident began to choke during meal time. …

Read More

21 month old boy saved in choking emergency

21 month old Sawyer, saved by LifeVac and quick thinking Father.   The team at LifeVac Europe are very pleased to share news that LifeVac has helped save another child’s life in a choking emergency. This time in Ajax, Ontario, Canada. …

Read More

LifeVac Europe – 2019 in review

2019 has been a hard year raising awareness of choking but has also been an amazing year for LifeVac. …

Read More

Location selector

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Ireland Ireland Spain Spain Greece Greece