LifeVac saves mans life in a choking emergency

The team at LifeVac Europe are proud to share amazing news that LifeVac has helped save another life in a choking emergency when all else failed.

This time, LifeVac helped save a life within Runwood Homes Senior Living.

An elderly gentleman was enjoying his dinner, when he came into difficulty and began to choke on a piece of gammon ham.

The situation quickly took a turn for the worse as it turned into a full airway obstruction within seconds. Staff acted quickly and accordingly delivering BLS choking protocol which sadly did not dislodge the lodged piece of food.

A nurse quickly grabbed a LifeVac from their wall mounted box, within seconds LifeVac was applied and dislodged the large piece of gammon ham from the gentleman’s airway saving his life. The gentleman was sent to hospital due to receiving BLS choking protocol as standard and was given the all clear.

As a standard procedure, LifeVac Europe replaced the used LifeVac ACD free of charge.

Like 1,000’s of other care and nursing home providers across the UK, Runwood Homes Senior Living completed their face to face training on LifeVac for their group roll out in 2019 to safeguard the people they care for in a choking emergency and help raise the standards of care.

"I'm extremely pleased the team at LifeVac Europe could help another care provider save a life in a choking emergency when all else failed. This is our 3rd life saved within Runwood Homes since their group roll out in 2019. We are exhibiting at this years Care Show at the NEC on Wednesday, come by and see us at stand J64, we will be happy to demonstrate how we have helped 1,000's of care and nursing home providers across the UK raise their standards of care and save so many lives."

— Matthew Banagan, Sales and Marketing Director, LifeVac Europe

More News

Elderly Man Saved with LifeVac

Elderly Man Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

LifeVac saves it’s 25th life!

LifeVac Europe have been informed, on the 6th of January 2019  an 86 year old gentleman with Dementia started choking on meat whilst eating his meal in Thessaloniki, Greece. BLS was performed on the male to dislodge the full airway obstruction which failed. EKAB Emergency Services were then called to the scene as the gentleman …

Read More

LifeVac Saves 4-year-old Boy from Choking on Lego

LifeVac are proud to announce another life saved …

Read More


United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa