LifeVac Saves a Residents Life In a Choking Emergency
The team at LifeVac Europe are extremely proud to share news that LifeVac has once again saved another life within a UK care home.
This time an 81 year old female resident was enjoying her meal, when she came into difficulty. Bread and meat had become lodged in her airway creating a full airway obstruction.
Nurses quickly came to her aid delivering BLS choking protocol to try and dislodge the obstruction. The resident started to become unconscious and due to her being in a sitting position abdominal thrusts were extremely hard to perform.
As the resident had become unconscious, a nurse quickly moved the resident to the floor while the other nurse ran to grab their LifeVac from the wall mounted box.
LifeVac was applied within seconds and removed the full airway obstruction (meat and bread) and the resident regained consciousness, saving her life.
The resident was checked over by paramedics due to receiving BLS choking protocol and was given the “all clear”.
“Very easy to put together and worked instantly” – Nurse
“Despite BLS we could not remove obstruction. If device had not been used the resident would have almost certainly died” – Nurse
Carl Jackson, Dovehaven commented: “They have been singing the praises of LifeVac and both the paramedic and doctor who attended want one!”
Matthew Banagn, Sales & Marketing Director – LifeVac Europe, commented: “This is brilliant news to receive, I’m so proud of the impact we are making on peoples lives and knowing LifeVac is the go to company for everyone’s choking prevention/airway clearance device needs in the UK care sector. We have now saved over 220 lives and worked with thousands of care and nursing home providers across the UK, making a huge impact on ending one of the leading causes of accidental death in adults over the age of 65.”