5-Year-Old Boy Chokes on Breakfast Sausage

LifeVac is delighted to share news of another life saved

 

A South Carolina family was having breakfast at a friend’s house when their 5-year-old son started choking on a piece of sausage. They immediately started performing the abdominal thrusts and back blows but neither procedures were able to dislodge the full airway obstruction. The child’s lips were turning blue, he was not able to make a sound. Thankfully the family had their LifeVac in the car that day!

The LifeVac was used one time and successfully removed the sausage from the child’s airway saving his life!

 

“We did the abdominal thrusts and back blows no result, he then started turning blue, I laid him down and used our life vac. I used it once and the sausage came out he started crying;”

*USA

More News

Evidence based research – ICLOR/ERC 2020 guidelines – What LifeVac is doing

As many of our supporters and clients know, LifeVac’s main goal is to have non-invasive hand held suction devices included into BLS protocol to raise the current 70% effectiveness to as close to a 100% effective as possible.   At LifeVac we know data merely on lives saved isn’t sufficient to prove how effective or …

Read More

LifeVac Saves 9-Month-Old Baby Boy from Choking

We are thrilled to share the news that LifeVac has helped save the life of another child. A 9-month-old baby boy began choking on a carrot causing partial airway obstruction. The child’s mother who is trained and CPR certified performed infant choking rescue procedures several times but sadly these were unsuccessful in dislodging the obstruction. …

Read More

LifeVac Saves a Woman with Lou Gehrig’s Disease from Choking

We are pleased to share news that LifeVac has helped to save another life …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa