41-year-old Paul McMillan Choked to Death at Home

A Scottish dad has tragically choked to death at dinner as his wife frantically tried to save him at their Falkirk home before paramedics arrived.

While at home with his wife Jennifer, Paul McMillan began to struggle when a piece of steak became lodged in his throat.

Jennifer desperately tried to perform the abdominal thrusts to save her husband while their ten-year-old daughter played upstairs.

Paramedics arrived and continued to work on the 41-year-old for a further 90 minutes but he sadly suffered a heart attack and died.

Speaking to the Scottish Sun, Jennifer said: “It was such a shock. One minute we were sitting eating and the next thing he began choking. I tried to help him, even attempting the Heimlich manoeuvre but Paul was a big guy and I couldn’t manage.

“I was battering his back, he dropped down to the floor and he couldn’t breathe.

“It all happened so quick and I still can’t believe he has gone.

She added: “The paramedics were wonderful, working on him for 90 minutes but they couldn’t do anything.

“I’ve since been told that if a doctor had been sitting next to him even they wouldn’t have been able to save him.”

Source Scottish Sun

 

More News

LifeVac saves life in UK care sector

LifeVac is used again in the UK care sector to save a life in a choking emergency …

Read More

Good Samaritan Saves Child from Choking on I95

LifeVac Europe are over the moon to share news of anther child saved by LifeVac …

Read More

LifeVac Saves a 23-Year-Old with Spina Bifida in the UK

LifeVac Saves a 23-Year-Old with Spina Bifida in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany