Elderly Man Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac registers another life saved

LifeVac received news that an elderly man choked on a bean and cheese burrito. The owner of the LifeVac saved the gentleman who is a family friend.

 

I am a NICU RN and used to dealing with emergency situations but am always in the hospital setting where tools are available, and I have a backup. I am still shaken up about it. I attempted back blows and the abdominal thrusts but was unsuccessful. I grabbed the LifeVac and cleared his airway on the first attempt. He is alive and well.

— Registered Nurse

More News

LifeVac Saves Another Child from Choking

Sometimes we are not able to share full details publicly, of when LifeVac has been used. This might be due to mitigating circumstances around the choking incident, patient confidentiality or other factors such as family members not wanting their life to be made public. Although all of our usage forms are completed in full independently, …

Read More

Cornwall hospital failings as patient choked on his own vomit

Failures could have “caused or contributed” to the death of a student who choked on his own vomit at Bodmin Hospital. …

Read More

5-Year-Old Chokes and is Saved with LifeVac

5-Year-Old Boy Saved by LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany