LifeVac Saves 80-Year-Old Woman in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac are delighted to announce another life saved

It was reported to us that an 80-year-old female choked on a steak sandwich. The food caused a partial blockage of the woman’s airway. Her daughter attempted clearing her airway using abdominal thrusts. but unfortunately, those attempts were unsuccessful. Thankfully, her husband had seen an ad for LifeVac a while ago and decided to purchase the LifeVac as a backup option. When choking first aid protocol failed her husband quickly retrieved the LifeVac device and on the 2nd application was able to dislodge the piece of steak saving her life.

Elderly MOST at risk of choking to death

Choking is one of the leading causes of accidental death in adults over the age of 65, this is due to many reasons such as: Frailty, neurological disorders (MS, Parkinson’s Disease), physical disability (wheelchair users), medications taken which cause “dry mouth” to name just a few examples.

In 2020 there were 212 recorded choking deaths in adults over the age of 65. As we know from working with thousands of care and nursing home providers, roughly 50% of people aged 65-74 and nearly two-thirds of those over 85 live with an underlying medical condition. This means if 50% of people aged 65-74 and nearly two-thirds of those over 85 passed away from an FBAO (Foreign Body Airway Obstruction), they would not be included in the above figures as choking would not be recorded as the primary cause of death.

More News

LifeVac Saves Another Life in a UK Care Home

LifeVac Saves Another Life in a UK Care Home in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

LifeVac saves 1 year old Killian’s life from choking to death!

On the 7th of June 2019, LifeVac was once again informed of another life saved …

Read More

LifeVac saves another care home residents life in a choking emergency.

LifeVac used again to save a resident of an Ontario based Long Term Care Facility! We are delighted to have received amazing news that LifeVac was used on April 28th to assist a 76 year old male resident during a choking emergency. Standard choking protocols were first administered but unfortunately failed. Thankfully the amazing staff …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa