LifeVac Saves Another Life in a UK Care Home in a Choking Emergency

We are proud to share news of another life saved in a UK care home

It was reported to us, that an elderly person residing in a care home in York, came in to difficulty while eating. Food became lodged in their airway creating a full airway obstruction.

Nurses acted quickly delivering BLS first aid choking protocol which could not dislodge the full airway obstruction. The resident then became unconscious, staff quickly retrieved their LifeVac airway clearance device and applied the LifeVac in a sitting position. Within seconds LifeVac dislodged the full airway obstruction and the resident then regained consciousness.

This is absolutely incredible news to receive, we have now helped save over 331 lives in a choking emergency when all else has failed or cannot be performed. Knowing how much of an impact we are making on peoples lives and helping care providers raise their standards of care is a brilliant feeling

—Matthew, LifeVac Europe

More News

Woman with COPD and Asthma Chokes and Is Saved with LifeVac Device

Woman with COPD and Asthma Chokes and Is Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

McDonald’s Implement Measures Against Choking

McDonald’s of Tarragona Implement Measures Against Choking …

Read More

Good Samaritan Saves 4-Year-Old in a Walmart

Good Samaritan Saves 4-Year-Old in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany