Elderly Man Chokes on Pizza Dough Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac are delighted to share news of another life saved

It was reported to us that first responders were called to the choking incident of an 83-year-old male.

The family had just returned from picking up a pizza for dinner when the gentleman started choking on pizza dough (5.5 cm long) The EMS arrived at the home to find the gentleman’s airway fully obstructed. They looked in the victim’s oral cavity with a laryngoscope and couldn’t see the blockage. The abdominal thrusts were performed but was unsuccessful in removing the food.

The LifeVac was used one time while on the way to the hospital after all other attempts were unsuccessful. LifeVac successfully dislodged the obstruction which was expelled out of his oral cavity onto the ambulance floor. (See the photo below)

The patient lived and was discharged from the hospital. We are a Fire Department providing advanced life support. I was the user in this particular incident. I saw the news segment on Fox News while waiting at the airport. When I returned from my trip, I made a proposal to our fire chief about purchasing your device. He made the purchase and not shortly after I ended up using the device on the patient listed.

— First Responder

More News

LifeVac Saves Life Within HC-One

LifeVac Saves Life Within HC-One in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Arthur Lih the inventor of LifeVac shares his story

We are extremely proud to have created LifeVac with Arthur who is a close family friend as well as a part of our inspiration. Since LifeVacs invention and the forming of LifeVac USA and LifeVac Europe, there is now LifeVac Spain, LifeVac Canada, LifeVac Southeast Europe, LifeVac South Africa, LifeVac Polska and LifeVac Japan. All …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa