LifeVac Saves Another LifeVac in a UK Care Home in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac Europe are pleased to share news of another life saved

It has been reported to us that LifeVac has been used once again within a UK Care Home. This time the care home is situated in the East Midlands.

The care home was part of a wider group roll out of LifeVac. Our LifeVac wall mounted kit had only been placed on the wall for a matter of hours before having to be deployed. The care team had only had time to follow the “how to” directions via our wall mounted poster.

A male resident in his 60’s, who suffers from Dementia, began choking on a piece of doughnut. The chewed up food became a full airway obstruction. Staff acted quickly and accordingly delivering BLS first aid choking protocol. Sadly these attempts could not dislodge the obstruction and the male resident became unconscious.

The care team quickly grabbed their new LifeVac device and followed the large clear instructions on the A3 laminated poster. The resident was in a supine position, within a matter of second’s LifeVac dislodged the full airway obstruction, saving his life.

Paramedics arrived on scene and checked the resident over. The resident was taken to hospital for review and released a few hours later to return to his home.

All staff agreed that they felt the resident would have died if they did not have the device. Usual BLS measures had not worked and it was only after the device was used that the blockage was dislodged. Easy to use despite device only being in the home for 3 hours. No formal training had yet been undertaken, however followed instruction sheet and used effectively for the first time.

— L&D Manager

Well done to everyone involved! We have only just welcomed this leading large care provider to the LifeVac family. I'm thrilled they found LifeVac so easy to use, following the clear directions. We have now saved over 416 lives in a choking emergency. Working with thousands of care and nursing home providers across the UK.

— Matthew Banagan, Sales and Marketing Director

More News

Woman with COPD and Asthma Chokes and Is Saved with LifeVac Device

Woman with COPD and Asthma Chokes and Is Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

LifeVac Saves 9-Month-Old Baby Boy from Choking

We are thrilled to share the news that LifeVac has helped save the life of another child. A 9-month-old baby boy began choking on a carrot causing partial airway obstruction. The child’s mother who is trained and CPR certified performed infant choking rescue procedures several times but sadly these were unsuccessful in dislodging the obstruction. …

Read More

LifeVac Saves 4-year-old Boy from Choking on Lego

LifeVac are proud to announce another life saved …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany