Man Saved by Good Samaritan with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac announces another life saved

It was reported to us that a 52-year-old male choked on a hamburger after going through the drive-thru at Mcdonald’s. He knew he was in distress and was not getting any air and pulled out of the parking lot to the side of the road. His daughter got out of the car and frantically yelled for someone to stop. A woman with 2 young children in the car stopped. After seeing he was choking she ran back to the car and grabbed her LifeVac. She used the device through the driver side window. She made sure he was okay afterward and then had to get back to her young children that were in the car.

My daughter and I stop for fast food. As I then exited the drive-through I took a bite of my hamburger, turned my head to the left to look for traffic, and swallowed. Immediately it felt like it did not go down. I took a quick sip of a drink and it backed up into my nose. I took a breath just to quickly realize, that nothing is going in. I said to myself, OMG you’re choking. I had to secure my vehicle onto the side of the road. I pointed to my throat and tried to take a breath. I indicated motion towards my belly Heimlich, so she begins to strike me on the back of my neck and pushed twice into my stomach and jumped out of the car. I lurched now out of sheer desperation to try to get a breath to cough, but nothing. I thought this is how I’m going to die. Choking. I’m 286 pounds. I thought I need the Heimlich. I tried to get out of the seat but was overwhelmed with the intense need to breathe. I tried again and nothing happened as I was flailing about trying to get out. Quickly realized my daughter’s screams were fading out and the world was moving in slow motion and everything got distant. I remember then gasping for breath and looking at this young mother holding something in her left hand. I said I was choking, she looked at me and said I know. I got it, you’re okay. It took a few minutes of coughing tears running and breathing to finally compose myself. I asked what it was, she replied it’s my LifeVac. My daughter said she was waving her arms and screaming when this woman in an SUV with two kids in the back stopped and ran up to our vehicle When she asked what was going on my daughter screamed to her, my Dad is choking. The woman turned around and ran back to her vehicle. She came back carrying a device she got out of her nappy bag according to my daughter. She then reached into the open window. Mushed it onto my face and plunged it two times and out popped what was choking me to death. She said I knew you were too big for me to try the Heimlich Maneuver even with your daughter’s help to get you out of the car to attempt the Heimlich maneuver. I just went right for my Life Vac. She made sure I was okay and then returned to her vehicle and her family. Thank God for this LifeVac

— Casualty

More News

LifeVac saves another life in the UK Adult Care Sector

It’s with great pleasure the team at LifeVac Europe share more amazing news, LifeVac has helped save another life within Sunrise Senior Living Sunrise Senior Living deployed LifeVac across all of their care homes in late 2019, like hundreds of care providers large and small across the UK this proved to be a great decision. …

Read More

LifeVac Saves 94-Year-Old Female

LifeVac Saves 94-Year-Old Female in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

2-Year-Old Chokes on Chicken Nugget and Back Blows Fail

2-Year-Old Chokes on Chicken Nugget Saved by LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More


United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany