Woman with COPD and Asthma Chokes and Is Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac are delighted to share details on another life saved

It has been reported to us that a 59-year-old woman with COPD and Asthma choked on a piece of watermelon. The whole family were visiting her mothers house.

Below is her sister’s testimonial of the choking incident that took place that day.

My sister Debbie, who is a 59-year-old Grandmother of 7, was on vacation visiting family in Michigan. During a family BBQ she started choking on a piece of watermelon. The watermelon was blocking her airway. She was unable to take any air in and started to panic. Literally, three hours before this incident I had brought over to the BBQ several LifeVacs that I had purchased for my family members. As she was choking, I remembered and went and grabbed one. I had not even watched the training video yet. It was quick and easy to assemble and clearly labeled “Adult” mask. I placed the LifeVac on her face while she was sitting upright and after a couple of attempts, I was able to dislodge the piece of watermelon. We are grateful that it worked, and it saved her life! Now, she is able to see her new grandson be born in August!!

— Sister

More News

LifeVac Saves 5-Year-Old Girl with Down Syndrome

LifeVac Saves 5-Year-Old Girl with Down Syndrome in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Father Saves 3-Year-Old Son With LifeVac

Father Saves 3-Year-Old Son With LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

LifeVac Helps Save Child’s Life

LifeVac helps save another child’s life in a choking emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany