LifeVac saves 90 year old lady from choking to death!

We have been informed LifeVac was used again by EKAB Ambulance Service in Greece to save another life.

A 90 year old lady with Alzheimer’s Disease was eating dinner with her daughter when she began to choke on her food (chopped up burger). As soon as her daughter realised her mother was choking she administered abdominal thrusts and back blows which were unsuccessful at dislodging the food stuck in her airway.

The elderly lady became unconscious and her daughter called EMS right away.

EKAB arrived on the scene and assessed the situation, the paramedic took the LifeVac device out of his kit bag and applied the LifeVac which dislodged a large chunk of the food bolus. The lady regained consciousness and was transported to hospital. As they arrived at the hospital her oxygen saturation began to drop, the paramedic quickly realised there was still part of the obstruction in her airway. Using LifeVac again the last remaining part of the food bolus was dislodged.

The 90 year old lady was examined at the hospital and discharged the same day.

More News

LifeVac Saves Another Life In The UK Care Sector

LifeVac Saves LifeVac Within The Percy Hedley Foundation In Choking Emergency …

Read More

Clayton-le-Moors care home under investigation following choking death.

An investigation into choking risks at a Lancashire care home has been launched following the death of one of its residents. …

Read More

8-Month-Old Saved from Choking with LifeVac

LifeVac are Thrilled to Announce Another Life Saved …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany