Resident dies on lunch hours after receiving his COVID vaccination

Resident dies on lunch hours after receiving his COVID vaccination

 

A Colchester Care Home resident died after choking on his lunch just a few hours after being given his first Covid-19 vaccination and beating the virus.

In a further tragic twist his wife had died in a car accident just a few days before after she was on her way home from her own vaccination. Neither of the two incidents are being linked to the vaccination.

An inquest has heard how Peter Smith, 82, who was a resident at an unnamed Colchester Care Home died after choking whilst eating.

Assistant Coroner Tina Harrington heard Mr Smith was eating his lunch around 1.25pm when the incident happened.

Carers delivered back blows before he went limp and was placed on the floor where CPR was given.

Paramedics used forceps to take away the meals that was lodged in his throat, nevertheless, the gentleman, Mr Smith, sadly handed away. Police didn’t attend however stated there have been no suspicious circumstances.

 

Tragically, just over a week before Mr Smith’s passing his wife died in a road traffic incident whilst herself returning from her own vaccination. Again the vaccination and the incident are not being linked.

"There was no mention of the vaccination being linked to the choking incident during the inquest"

—Assistant Coroner Tina Harrington

More News

60-Year-Old Woman Becomes Unconscious from Choking

60-Year-Old Woman Becomes Unconscious from Choking – Saved by LifeVac …

Read More

LifeVac saves another care home residents life in a choking emergency.

LifeVac used again to save a resident of an Ontario based Long Term Care Facility! We are delighted to have received amazing news that LifeVac was used on April 28th to assist a 76 year old male resident during a choking emergency. Standard choking protocols were first administered but unfortunately failed. Thankfully the amazing staff …

Read More

LifeVac Saves 57-Year-Old in Choking Emergency

LifeVac Saves 57-Year-Old Lady in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa