Resident dies on lunch hours after receiving his COVID vaccination

Resident dies on lunch hours after receiving his COVID vaccination

 

A Colchester Care Home resident died after choking on his lunch just a few hours after being given his first Covid-19 vaccination and beating the virus.

In a further tragic twist his wife had died in a car accident just a few days before after she was on her way home from her own vaccination. Neither of the two incidents are being linked to the vaccination.

An inquest has heard how Peter Smith, 82, who was a resident at an unnamed Colchester Care Home died after choking whilst eating.

Assistant Coroner Tina Harrington heard Mr Smith was eating his lunch around 1.25pm when the incident happened.

Carers delivered back blows before he went limp and was placed on the floor where CPR was given.

Paramedics used forceps to take away the meals that was lodged in his throat, nevertheless, the gentleman, Mr Smith, sadly handed away. Police didn’t attend however stated there have been no suspicious circumstances.

 

Tragically, just over a week before Mr Smith’s passing his wife died in a road traffic incident whilst herself returning from her own vaccination. Again the vaccination and the incident are not being linked.

"There was no mention of the vaccination being linked to the choking incident during the inquest"

—Assistant Coroner Tina Harrington

More News

LifeVac Helps Save Child’s Life

LifeVac helps save another child’s life in a choking emergency …

Read More

Little Boy Chokes on Animal Crackers Saved with LifeVac

Little Boy Chokes on Animal Crackers and is Saved with LifeVac …

Read More

Resident’s Life Saved

We are very proud to share more wonderful news that LifeVac has been used to save another life. …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa