LifeVac saves 3 year old girl

Alabama Assistant Fire – EMT saves 3 year old girl

The team at LifeVac Europe are pleased to share wonderful news that LifeVac has been used again in a choking emergency, this time to save a 3 year old girl.

A 3-year-old little girl choked on hard candy causing a full obstruction. The abdominal thrusts were performed by her parent’s but failed to dislodge the obstruction. Emergency services were called and was reported the child was not breathing. The Asst Fire Chief – EMT heard the call come in and was only a short distance away.

Upon arrival, choking rescue protocol was attempted but was unsuccessful. The child was laid down and on the 1st attempt, the LifeVac ACD successfully dislodged the hard candy saving the child’s life.

“The device was mine personally, but I took it with me on the choking call to a 3-year-old female. We are a volunteer department, and sometimes our EMTs may respond in their personal vehicles depending on the location on the call.”

— Asst Fire Chief - EMT

More News

Four more lives saved!

We have been informed LifeVac has been used in different parts of the world again to save more lives from choking to death when BLS has failed.     …

Read More

The efficacy and usability of suction-based airway clearance devices for FBAO

LifeVac Vs Abdominal thrusts – LifeVac Vs Dechoker – Dechoker Vs Abdominal Thrusts   At LifeVac, we take unbiased scientific research very seriously, we are pleased to share an independent published research study carried out at Warick Medical School, University of Warick Coventry, UK. Published in an open access journal Resuscitation Plus. This randomised crossover …

Read More

LifeVac saves hospital patients life

The team at LifeVac are proud to announce another life saved in a choking emergency! …

Read More

Location selector

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Ireland Ireland Spain Spain Greece Greece