Older Man Saved by Good Samaritan with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac are thrilled to share details on another life saved

Another good Samaritan leaped into action at the Eggs Up Grill in Murrells Inlet. An elderly gentleman began choking on a piece of bacon while having lunch with his wife. Seeing he was struggling to breathe another customer immediately attempted to help perform the Abdominal Thrusts. Choking first aid rescue procedures were unsuccessful and the gentleman became unconscious. Staff at the Eggs up Grill ran to retrieve the LifeVac. The kitchen manager assembled the unit quickly with the adult mask. She quickly used the device and on the second application, the bacon was dislodged from the gentleman’s airway.

When I did the first try with the LifeVac you could see him come back and he coughed. I did it the second time and the piece of bacon came out and he just woke up like nothing had happened. He didn’t even remember or feel anything. Paramedics arrived a few minutes later. The gentleman was talking and doing fine. He was evaluated by paramedics. The LifeVac was really easy to use and all of us at Eggs up Grill 707 are very grateful we have one.

— Kitchen Manager, Eggs Up Grill

More News

5-Year-Old Chokes on Shrimp and is Saved with LifeVac

5-Year-Old Chokes on Shrimp and is Saved with LifeVac in a Choking Emergency …

Read More

8-Month-Old Girl Saved with LifeVac

LifeVac helps save a little girl in a choking emergency …

Read More

LifeVac helps save another life in Spain!

LifeVac helps save another life in a choking emergency The team at LifeVac Europe are very please to share that LifeVac has been used again to help save another life in a choking emergency. This time in Catalunya, Spain. …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa