Mother Saves Her 1-Year-Old Baby Boy in a Choking Emergency

LifeVac are thrilled to announce another life saved

It was reported to us that a one-year-old baby boy choked on a yogurt ball causing a full airway obstruction. The child was clearly in distress and his mother immediately attempted BLS first aid choking rescue procedures.

Here is the mother’s terrifying story:

“My son Jack (1 years old) was eating his yogurt bites as he had done for months. He suddenly choked and within seconds was bent over in his highchair, blue, and unresponsive. I took him out of his highchair and used the abdominal thrusts, back blows, and CPR, but he still was not breathing. He was purple, with his eyes rolled back in his head. His body was limp, and I was so afraid he was already gone. I called EMS and remembered that my mom had gifted me a LifeVac device. I quickly found the device while on the phone with the  emergency call handler and by my third attempt my son started breathing again. The fire department and ambulance came in just under five minutes and luckily by that time he was awake and crying. They cleared him and we were able to avoid one of the worst things I could ever imagine. While I don’t suggest this device is a replacement for learning the first aid or CPR, I know for a fact that it is the reason my son is alive today. I am so grateful and lucky that Jack is alive and unharmed, but he came very, very close. Seeing him unresponsive like that will forever haunt me.”

My son lived thanks to you guys, I will forever be grateful. The LifeVac undoubtedly saved his life

— Mother

More News

Emergency Services Use LifeVac to Save a Life

Emergency Services Use LifeVac to Save 71-Year-Old Woman from Choking …

Read More

LifeVac saves another life and welcomes a new care provider to the LifeVac family

It’s with great pleasure the team at LifeVac Europe share news that LifeVac has again helped save another life in the Adult Care Sector. LifeVac was used again to help save a life in a choking emergency, this time in Ireland. We have been asked not to name the care provider this time as not …

Read More

LifeVac self applied to save life

LifeVac saves another life in a choking emergency …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa