LifeVac Helps Save Life in a UK Nursing Home in a Choking Emergency
LifeVac helps save another life
The team at LifeVac Europe are very pleased to share news of another life saved in a UK nursing home. Continuing to help reduce one of the leading causes of accidental death in adults over the age of 65…choking.
An elderly resident who resides in a nursing home in the North West of England, quickly came in to difficulty while enjoying his meal. A piece of sausage had become lodged in his airway.
Staff acted quickly delivering back blows, abdominal thrusts were not an option as the elderly gentleman was in a sitting position. Another member of staff quickly retrieved their LifeVac device.
In combination of using back blows and LifeVac on the third application, the sausage was dislodged helping save his life.