LifeVac are Thrilled to Announce Another Life Saved

A 64-year-old stroke patient at a nursing home choked on a bread stick. The food caused a full obstruction of the gentleman’s airway. Staff at the care home performed BLS choking first aid protocol but were unsuccessful in dislodging the bread stick. LifeVac was used by EMS responders.

Prior to our arrival, the nursing home staff had attempted the abdominal thrusts. My EMS crew immediately moved him to the ambulance where they removed multiple chunks of wet bread via Laparoscopy/forceps, but the trachea was still fully obstructed. When I arrived shortly thereafter the crew used the LifeVac that I had and in one good pull the airway was FULLY CLEARED. I reported this data to our Medical Director who authorised me to purchase a LifeVac for every apparatus. While I dread for a person to have a fully obstructed airway, I’m excited to have another proven tool in the toolbox now to remove the obstruction.”

— EMS Division Chief

I absolutely believe that the LifeVac postponed his death..”

— EMS Division Chief

More News

3-Year-Old Girl Saved from Choking with LifeVac

3-Year-Old Girl Saved in a Choking Emergency with LifeVac …

Read More

LifeVac saves young girl

LifeVac saves a young wheelchair user in a choking emergency …

Read More

57 year old man from Barnsley choked to death – ‘unlawfully killed’

‘Loving and happy’ Barnsley man, 57, who choked to death on a burger was ‘unlawfully killed’, jury rules …

Read More

Distributors

United Kingdom United Kingdom Help Save Lives Help Save Lives Spark Care Spark Care Poland Poland Sweden Sweden Spain Spain Greece Greece Benelux Benelux Israel Israel Middle East Middle East South Africa South Africa EU EU France France Denmark Denmark Belgium Belgium Switzerland Switzerland Germany Germany